Sampur is town in Trincomalee district of Sri Lanka and it is located about 30Km south-east of Trincomalee harbor. Foul Point is a city in Eastern Province in Sri Lanka about (239 km) north-east of Colombo, the country's capital city. In this foul point city, there is a tall cylindrical light house. This light house was built in 1863. There is a beautiful beach beside the light house. There are refugee camps near the light house. Visitors and tourists can’t visit refugee camp area.
This 32m height conical tower display one white light flash in every 5 seconds and visible up to 22 nautical miles.
This is a good place for school students and marine engineers to visit and enjoy the trip. There are some prohibitions:
1. Climbing the light house from outside or inside is prohibited.
2. Writing on the wall is prohibited.
3. Swimming in the beach, littering the place with polythene and alcohol or drug usage is prohibited.
4. Taking sand, sea shells and corals away from this place is prohibited.
5. Having meal next to the sea shore or near light house is prohibited.
Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (after 5.00p.m visitors are not allowed to stay in this area.)