An area of land in the Northern part of the Island and much closer to India than the capital city, Colombo of the Island. Jaffna is dominant with Tamils and their cultural behavior. After the three decades of civilian war now the land feel the peace and harmony. Being free from isolation emerge vast changes in the area of land. Arising of new buildings and restoration processes induced the tourism rate flow to the region.
Jaffna library which is one of the best libraries of Asia, Jaffna fort built by Portuguese, Last kingdom of Jaffna in Sangiliyan thoppu, beaches like Casurina, Charty and religious places such as Nallur Kandasamy temple, Nagadeepa viaharaya are famous tourist attractions exist in Jaffna. Jaffna is famous for its delicious dishes and some unique plantations. The Palmyrah products are available in plenty and don’t miss to buy at least a single Palmyrah product as monument.
1. Nallur Hindu Temple [Hindu Temple]
2. Casurina Beach [beach]
3. Dambukola patuna Sangamita Temple [ Buddhist Temple & Historical place ]
4. Keerimalai [ Pond | Beach | Temple ]
5. Nagadeepa Temple [ Buddhist Temple]
6. Jaffna Port
7. Jaffna Public Library [ Library]
8. Charty Beach Jaffna [Beach]
9. Kadurugoda Temple [ Buddhist Temple]
11. Ancient Horse Stables [ delft ]
12. Jamuna Aeri Jaffna [Nallur]